UNDER THE AUSPICES OF
Rector of the Gdańsk University of Technology
President of the Executive Board of
the Foundation for Civil Engineering Development
Wojciech Pietraszkiewicz - chairman
Paweł Kłosowski - chairman
Czesław Szymczak - vice-chairman
Jarosław Górski - secretary
Ireneusz Kreja - secretary
The theory and analysis of shells, including:
- linear and nonlinear theory;
- constitutive laws;
- shells and plates with internal microstructure;
- hybrid and branched structures;
- beam - shell interaction;
- stability, dynamics, optimization, reliability, sensitivity, limit load analysis etc.
Numerical analysis of shell structures and elements, including:
- computer methods: FEM, BEM and others;
- analysis of nonstandard problems;
- development of software packages.
Design and maintenance of shell structures, including:
- industrial applications in civil, power, mining and
mechanical engineering, as well as in automotive, shipbuilding, aerospace and chemical processing industries;
- shell design codes and procedures (e.g. Eurocode);
- case studies of various shell structures and failure problems.
THE MAIN DEADLINES
- The Conference program will include general lectures and contributed papers presented as lectures.
- All the contribution abstracts (2 pages) will be rigorously reviewed prior to acceptance. The accepted abstracts will be included in the Conference book of abstracts, which will be available for the participants at the registration desk. Full length manuscripts of the selected papers will be further considered for publication in a special volume of a recognized technical journal. More details to this end will be given in the second announcement.
- An exhibition related to the Conference themes provided by contractors, system manufacturers and consultants will be organized during the event.
- The Conference venue will be the comfortable hotel "Neptun" located in the attractive leisure region of the Hel Peninsula at the Baltic Sea (see the enclosed booklet).
- The registration fee, which will cover the full board accommodation and the book of abstracts, will be approximately 300 US dollars and 250 US dollars for accompanying person.
- The Conference lecture can be delivered in English or in Polish.
- 2001-12-31 - Submission of registration form
- 2002-03-31 - Second announcement
- 2002-04-30 - Submission of 2 pages abstract
- 2002-06-30 - Notification to accepted authors
Other deadlines will be available in Announcement 2.
- Please feel free to distribute this conference announcement to all interested persons or institutions.
- The second announcement with more details about the Conference fees and the abstract format will be sent to persons who deliver the preliminary registration form.
- Electronic registration is available by the means of our Homepage.
- For more details please visit our Internet Homepage or contact the conference secretariat.
- If your e-mail address is provided, the registration will be soon confirmed by the Organizing Committee.